Impact of Underage Drinking

Graduation days, nights and parties are upon us.  The moment is intoxicating in more ways than one.  Here in Montgomery, Bucks, and Philadelphia counties, many graduates and their friends are not yet 21 years of age.  Graduates and kids drink;  this of course is a violation of the law and a big mistake.  An even BIGGER mistake is those parents who knowingly and willingly allow minors to consume alcohol.  If a minor causes another person serious injury or harms property, the provider of the alcohol may be held liable both criminally and civilly.  The police and district attorney will be looking to make an example of that entire family.  The minor consumes the alcohol but if the adult willfully supplies it, look out.
In either case, you will need an experienced criminal defense attorney.  If both parent and child are arrested, you will each need an attorney as there is likely a conflict of interest.  Insurance may be available to cover loss regarding the civil liability.  Criminal charges put your reputation. money and freedom at risk.  If police come investigating or arresting, consult with a criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible.  We offer such consultation 215-822-2728.